I love a really good end-of-summer salad that feels light, refreshing, and reminds me to soak up the last of the fresh summer produce. That’s exactly what this salad is. I dreamt it up one afternoon while browsing the aisles at Whole Foods and then proceeded to head home, chop my fruits and veggies, drizzle it with a fabulous dilly tahini dressing, jazz it up with arugula, and DEVOUR IT.
This avocado peach tomato salad is crunchy, sweet, juicy, savory, herby, zippy and truly nothing but sensational. I hope you get a chance to make it. We love it with my firecracker grilled salmon or honey mustard chicken!
FREE Summer Salad E-book
Sign up below to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very best summer salad recipes, plus amazing salad-making tips and hacks that you’ll come back to time and time again!
Welcome to the AK Summer Series
For the rest of the summer, we’ll be dedicating each week to select summer produce! Week 5 is HERE and we’re celebrating gorgeous tomatoes continuing with this gorgeous avocado peach tomato salad. Stay tuned on the blog and on Instagram for each week’s produce highlight, fun videos, and more.
Avocado peach tomato salad ingredients
This gorgeous, summery tomato peach salad is packed with fresh produce for a mix of sweet and tangy. You’ll absolutely love the dilly tahini dressing paired with those sweet peaches. Here’s everything you need:
- For the salad: we’re loading this salad with fresh sweet corn, peach, English (or Persian) cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and arugula or baby arugula.
- For the dilly tahini dressing: this creamy dressing is made with tahini, fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, warm water, fresh dill, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Optional add-ins: I love adding roasted pumpkin seeds, fresh basil leaves, and feta cheese for delicious bites of fresh herbs, crunch, and salty flavor!
Customize this summer peach tomato salad
This peach tomato salad is great for customizing with what you have on hand.
- Add a boost of protein. This salad would be delicious with chickpeas, tofu, grilled chicken, salmon, shrimp, or even chopped bacon.
- Toss in some grains. Make it extra hearty with grains like quinoa, your fav pasta shape, or pearl couscous.
- Have fun with mix-ins. Top with delicious mix-ins like roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or toasted almonds.
- Get cheesy. As I mentioned, I love the savory, salty flavor that feta adds to this salad, but it would also be delicious with fresh mozzarella or even burrata for a unique, veggie-packed twist on regular caprese salads!
Looking to try a new dressing?
The dilly tahini dressing is amazing paired with the sweet peaches and zippy arugula, but feel free to mix it up with these wonderful homemade dressings if you’d like:
Tips for making this vegan peach tomato salad
- Use firm avocados: firmer, but still ripe avocados are best in this salad because they’ll keep their shape. Check out exactly how to cut an avocado safely here!
- Use firm(ish) peaches: like the avocados, firmer peaches won’t break apart as much if you use just slightly ripe ones.
- Taste & adjust the dressing: everyone’s tahini brands tend to be different, so if you’re finding that it’s too thick, feel free to add a bit more water. Add salt & pepper according to your taste preferences as well. We love this brand of tahini — feel free to use ‘ambitiouskitchen’ for 10% off your order at checkout.
How to store this peach tomato salad
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. You can either store it with the dressing mixed in or save the dressing on the side to add when you’re serving.
What to serve it with
This summery peach tomato salad makes the perfect side dish for tons of your favorite mains. Serve it with:
More ways to use fresh summer tomatoes
Get all of my tomato recipes here!
I hope you love this fresh & delicious avocado peach tomato salad! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. You can also share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. Enjoy, xo!
Avocado Peach Tomato Salad with Dilly Tahini Dressing
Gorgeous avocado peach tomato salad with a creamy dilly tahini dressing. This summer peach tomato salad is tossed with fresh sweet corn, crunchy cucumber and zippy arugula for a refreshing lunch or side dish to serve all season long. Add your favorite protein for a complete meal!
- For the salad:
- 2 ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 large slightly ripe peach, sliced
- 1 english cucumber, sliced (or 2-3 persian cucumbers)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe but still slightly firm avocado, sliced
- 3 cups arugula or baby arugula
- For the dilly tahini dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salad: sweet corn, peach slices, cucumber sliced, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and arugula. Alternatively you can arrange the salad on a platter if you are entertaining.
Next make the dilly tahini dressing by mixing together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl: tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, water, dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with tongs, or you can drizzle it over the salad on the platter for a more beautiful effect. Top with pumpkin seeds, basil and/or feta, if desired. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
See the full post for even more ways to customize this salad!
Serving: 1serving (based on 4)Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 24.4gProtein: 5.9gFat: 13.5gSaturated Fat: 1.9gFiber: 7.3gSugar: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on September 2nd, 2020, and republished on August 8th, 2023.