Hi! It’s Summer Cocktail Friday! Are you ready for #3 in our series? Good, me too.
After making this incredible Cherry Lime Smoothie a few weeks ago our team fell in love with ALL THINGS CHERRIES. So, you know we had to bring make a cocktail version of that delicious, nostalgic cherry limeade flavor.
Enter: the cherry lime cocktail of your dreams. This spiked cherry limeade is equal parts sweet and tart with a fun, bubbly finish that will have you and your guests jumping for joy. We’re mixing it up from the lovely margarita recipes we love to share and bringing you this vodka-punch-style cocktail made with fresh ingredients (no mysterious jungle juice here). I love this one because there’s no need to blend or strain anything, just mix and serve.
Of course, feel free to leave out the vodka to make the perfect mocktail! However you make it, remember to add a gorgeous sugar rim and some fresh cherries & lime slices on top for the ultimate treat. Cheers!
Ingredients in this cherry lime cocktail
This gorgeous spiked cherry limeade is the perfect balance of sweet and tart using super simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tart cherry juice: be sure to use a good quality cherry juice that’s not from concentrate so that the cocktail has a true cherry flavor.
- Sweetener: feel free to use agave or simple syrup to sweeten the cocktail. See below to learn how to make your own simple syrup!
- Lime: you’ll need both fresh lime juice and limeade for that tart punch. I used this brand in this recipe because it doesn’t have that overly artificial flavor.
- Vodka: we’re adding the party and spiking this cherry limeade with vodka!
- Soda water: who doesn’t love a good bubbly cocktail? A couple of cans of soda water (aka seltzer water or club soda) will do the trick.
- To serve: I like to rim the glasses with coarse sugar and add fresh lime slices and cherries. So pretty.
Make your own simple syrup
A quick shortcut for simple syrup: shake equal parts granulated sugar and water (1/4 cup each would be enough for all 6 cherry lime cocktails) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. That’s it!
Can I make a mocktail?
Absolutely! Feel free to leave the vodka out to make a fun homemade cherry limeade mocktail.
Jazz up each glass
Instead of salt (like in my margarita recipes) I like to add a sugar rim to the glasses for this cherry lime cocktail! To do so, you’ll cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of the glass. Pour regular or coarse sugar onto a small plate and dip the wet glass rim into the sugar to coat it. Then make your vodka cherry limeade and pour it into the glasses with ice.
I also like garnishing with fresh lime slices and cherries for a pretty look.
Delicious cherry lime cocktail in 4 simple steps
- Make the base. Start by stirring together the cherry juice, agave, lime juice, and vodka in a large pitcher until the agave dissolves.
- Add the fillers. Gently stir in ice, limeade, and 1 of the cans of soda water.
- Prep your glasses. If you’d like, add the sugar rim to your glasses as well as ice.
- Garnish & serve. Pour the cocktail into each glass, leaving a little room at the top, then top each glass with a splash of more soda water. Garnish with a fresh lime slice and a cherry if you’d like!
Our favorite cocktail-making tools
- The perfect cocktail shaker (you won’t need it for this specific recipe)
- I love using this hand juicer for all things juicing
- Nice glasses like the ones I used in this recipe
- A pitcher for serving a party
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More cocktail recipes you’ll love
Get all of my healthy cocktail recipes here!
I hope you love this spiked cherry limeade recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Perfectly sweet and tart spiked cherry limeade made with 6 simple ingredients for a wonderful party pitcher! This easy cherry lime cocktail comes together in just 10 minutes and is great for serving guests at your next gathering. Options to make it into a delicious mocktail included!
- For the cocktail:
- 1 cup tart cherry juice (not from concentrate)
- ¼ cup agave or simple syrup
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 ½ cups limeade (we used Santa Cruz organic)
- 2 cans (3-4 cups) soda water
- For serving:
- Lime wedge for rimming the glass
- Coarse or regular sugar for rimming the glass
- Ice cubes
- Fresh lime slices
- Fresh cherries (optional)
Add cherry juice, agave (or simple syrup), lime juice, and vodka to a large pitcher and stir with a spoon until the agave dissolves.
Add in 3 cups of ice, limeade, and 1 can of soda water, stirring gently to mix.
Prepare your glasses: Add sugar to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass, then dip the rim of the glass in the sugar, rolling from side to side until well coated. Add ice cubes into the glasses.
Pour cherry limeade into glasses, leaving a bit of room at the top, and top with a splash of soda water. Garnish with a cherry and slice of lime on the rim of the glass. Cheers!
To make it a mocktail, just leave out the vodka.
Serving: 1cocktailCalories: 180kcalCarbohydrates: 22.9gProtein: 0.2gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 19.4g