Everyone who likes cauliflower and loves cheese is going to enjoy this Easy Cheesy Baked Keto Cauliflower! And if you like these ingredients I bet this cheesy baked cauliflower is going to be a recipe you’ll make often!
For this week’s Friday Favorites pick I’m reminding you about this recipe for Easy Cheesy Baked Keto Cauliflower and if you’re strictly watching your carbs this January, this cheesy baked cauliflower is really going to be a treat. This is a recipe I found years ago in one of the old notebooks where I used to write down recipes before I was a blogger. I was intrigued by how easy it was, and when we tested the recipe we absolutely loved it!
But the absolute easiness of this recipe, combined with the way it uses common ingredients, convinced me that many of you will like it. So grab a head of cauliflower, some butter, Parmesan, sharp cheddar, and a cheese blend and give this tasty side dish a try. And if you want to call it a casserole and eat it as a meatless main dish, I think that would make a good dinner as well.
What ingredients do you need for this recipe?
(This is only a list of ingredients; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Kosher Salt (affiliate link) or salt, for water you use to boil the cauliflower
- coarsely-grated Parmesan cheese
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- grated three cheese blend
- coarse-ground black pepper to taste
How much cheese do you need for the cheesy baked cauliflower?
Before I give you the recipe I want to say one more thing. This recipe uses a lot of cheese! If it seems like too much cheese for you, feel free to use the amount you prefer. (I can’t see through the computer to tell how you adapt a recipe to your personal taste, honest.) And you are under no obligation to make a recipe just because I share it here, so I hope the cheese police can refrain from criticizing!
Want more Keto Cauliflower Recipes?
Check out 25 Roasted Cauliflower Recipes to see lots more easy cauliflower side dishes from Kalyn’s Kitchen and around the web! Or you can use Cauliflower Recipes to see all the recipes on my site that use cauliflower or use Side Dishes to find lots more ideas using this versatile low-carb veggie in a side dish!
Weekend Food Prep:
This cheesy baked cauliflower reheated especially well so if you’re a big fan of cheese + cauliflower you might want to double the recipe and make it as a Weekend Food Prep recipe to enjoy several times as a side dish.
How to Make Easy Cheesy Baked Keto Cauliflower:
(This is only a summary of the steps for the recipe; please scroll down for complete printable recipe. Or if you use the JUMP TO RECIPE link at the top of the page, it will take you directly to the complete recipe.)
- Start by cutting up a head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and cooking it for exactly 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Drain the cauliflower very well.
- While you’re doing this preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Then put the well-drained cauliflower into a bowl (or back in the pan you boiled it in if you want to save dirtying another dish!)
- Add the butter to the hot cauliflower and stir to coat cauliflower with the butter.
- Then mix in the Parmesan and sharp cheddar.
- Put cauliflower into a baking dish and top with the three-cheese blend, or any cheese that melts well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through and cheese is all melted and nicely browned.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
This cheesy baked cauliflower would be a great low-carb side dish for something simple like Easy Low-Carb Garlic and Lemon Shrimp, Chicken Piccata with Fried Capers, or Beef and Sausage Italian Meatloaf.
More Low-Carb Cauliflower Recipes to Love:
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut apart into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp. kosher salt (for water you use to boil the cauliflower)
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup coarsely-grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar (see notes)
- 1/2 cup grated three cheese blend
- coarse-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- We used an 8.5 ” X 11″ baking dish for this recipe. Spray baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Bring water to boil in a pot that’s large enough to hold all the cauliflower.
- While the water comes to a boil, cut up the cauliflower, cutting away and discarding the core and leaves and cutting cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces.
- When the water boils, add the salt and cut-up cauliflower, turn heat down to a low boil, and cook cauliflower 5 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower very well in a colander placed in the sink.
- When cauliflower is well-drained, put it into a bowl (or back into the pan you used to cook in) and add the butter. Stir to melt the butter and coat the cauliflower.
- Then add the coarsely-grated Parmesan, sharp cheddar, and a little black pepper if desired.
- Put the mixture into the baking dish and top with the three-cheese blend.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through and the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve hot.
- This will keep in the fridge for a few days and reheats well.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 535Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 24gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1144mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I am using. I am not a nutritionist and cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, since many variables affect those calculations.
Low-Carb Diet / Low-Glycemic Diet / South Beach Diet Suggestions:
Easy Cheesy Baked Keto Cauliflower is a good side dish for any low-carb diet or Keto diet, but it’s probably too high in fat for the original South Beach Diet. However, you could make a tasty version with less cheese and use low-fat cheese for South Beach.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use Side Dishes to find more recipes like this one. Use the Diet Type Index to find recipes suitable for a specific eating plan. You might also like to follow Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the good recipes I’m sharing there.
Historical Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe for cheesy baked cauliflower was first posted in 2019. The recipe was last updated with more information and featured for Friday Favorites in 2024.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.