Ready for the easiest, most satisfying appetizer recipe of all time? Good, me too.
If you’ve ever been out to an Italian restaurant there’s a good chance they served olive oil, balsamic, salt & pepper, and maybe some fresh herbs right at the table for dipping fresh bread. Good news: this garlic olive oil dip is even BETTER than any restaurant-style dip and comes together in just 5 minutes.
Whenever I’m looking for a little something elevated to serve guests that is super easy and will be a huge hit, I turn to this wonderful 5-ingredient dip. It’s savory, salty, a little spicy, and perfect for dipping breads or topping toasted crostini.
You can easily make it ahead of time, too, which makes it one of the best apps for the holidays! Add it to your Thanksgiving table with some sliced bread and watch guests devour. I highly suggest making a double or triple batch. Leave a comment with your favorite ways to use it, and enjoy!
FREE Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide (+ printable checklist!)
Whether you’re hosting or just attending, this Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide email series is for everyone. Enter your email below to get all of my best recipes, tips, and a FREE printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving needs.
There are just 5 core ingredients (plus salt and pepper) in this wonderful olive oil dip that give it the perfect flavor. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Garlic: freshly minced garlic adds the best savory touch to the dip.
- Red pepper flakes: a little kick of heat brings out all of the flavors (but isn’t overly spicy!)
- Dried oregano: for that true Italian flavor you’ll need a little dried oregano.
- Parmesan: I like to add freshly grated parmesan cheese for delicious saltiness.
- Olive oil: the base of the dip, of course! Feel free to use your favorite high-quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt & pepper: add ground salt and pepper to taste.
- For garnish: I like to top the dip with some parsley or basil for freshness.
Which olive oil is best?
Be sure to use a high quality extra virgin olive oil in the dip as it will give it the best, most robust flavor. Cheaper olive oils tend to be lighter in color and not very flavorful, so grab one that is a bit higher in quality! You could even try a small batch, artisan-style olive oil from a local shop or market for even better flavor.
Can I make it without the spice?
Sure! Simply leave out the red pepper flakes and the olive oil dip won’t have the spicy kick to it. This will also make it kid-friendly.
Our favorite ways to use this olive oil dip
The options are truly endless for ways you can use the dip! Here are our favorites:
- Dip chunks of focaccia or slices of a French baguette
- Brush it on toasted crostini
- Spread it on your fav sandwich bread as a lovely light condiment
Easy olive oil dip in 3 steps
- Combine the ingredients. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano to a shallow bowl or plate. Grate the parmesan into the bowl, then pour the olive oil on top.
- Mix it up. Stir everything together and season the dip with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish & serve. Top with fresh chopped parsley or basil and serve it with pieces of bread!
Store any leftover olive oil dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Let the dip come to room temperature when you’re ready to enjoy it again. This is a great appetizer to make ahead of time for the holidays!
More appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes here!
I hope you love this amazing garlic olive oil dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Garlic Olive Oil Dip
Delicious garlic olive oil dip made with 5 core ingredients for the best easy appetizer! This simple olive oil dip is filled with savory, salty flavors and a kick of heat for dipping your favorite bread like focaccia or a sliced baguette. Elevate your appetizer table with this incredible restaurant-style dip!
- 1-2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper & salt to taste
- For garnish:
- Fresh chopped parsley
- For serving:
- Bread for dipping (we love focaccia!)
Add minced garlic, red pepper flakes and oregano to a medium size shallow bowl or plate. Grate parmesan directly into the bowl, then pour the olive oil over top.
Stir everything together with a spoon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a little fresh chopped parsley (or basil!) on top, if desired.
Serve with pieces of bread for dipping and enjoy! Serves 4.
See the full post for tips & customizations!
Serving: 1servingCalories: 147calCarbohydrates: 0.6gProtein: 1.8gFat: 15.5gSaturated Fat: 2.7gFiber: 0.1g